D.O.B: July 2021
Origin: Wild bred
Mother: Merseylea – Wild
Father: Unknown – Wild
This male Spotted Tail Quoll is also from a wild mum who came into the sanctuary in 2021. Wild quolls coming into the TQCP are commonly known as ‘wild founders’ meaning they are not genetically related to any of the captive bred quolls currently in the program. Maintaining genetic diversity is incredibly important in all captive programs, especially with species that are threatened or vulnerable and have a declining population.
Therefore, this male has a big future ahead of him! His genetic profile is incredibly important to the program in future years which is why he has stayed at the sanctuary.
He has been partly hand-reared with his brother (quoll #2) and like him is still very confident around people. They’re currently housed next to each other at the sanctuary, and make regular appearances on our After Dark Feeding Tours.
These boys have a big responsibility this year and it looks like so far they’re definitely rising to the challenge!
What you will receive:
- Naming Rights
- Personalised adoption certificate
- Large print of your adopted animal
- Thank you letter from the CEO of Devils at Cradle Wade Anthony
- Sponsorship announcement/ acknowledgement on our Facebook page
- 6 x General Entry/Day keeper tickets
- Species fact card
- Devils at Cradle sanctuary information
- Information on the Tasmanian Quoll Conservation Program (Founded by D@C)
- Animal and sanctuary updates posted on Facebook
1 in stock